Intermittent Fasting is fasting for long periods of a day and then taking in all your food within a specified window.
“Fuck You Paddy” is indeed a reasonable position on the surface but hear me out.
I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for about 18 months now and I’ve had better fat loss results than I’ve ever had in my life – whilst retaining muscle.
I have been following a straightforward 16:8 IF which means fasting for 16 hours and consuming the daily calories in the allocated 8 hour window. A typical day would involve eating lunch at 12 noon and then not eating after 8pm in the evening. Yes….that does mean not eating breakfast. You would be surprised at how quickly you can adapt to this regime.
You can up-regulate and down-regulate your metabolism. This is something they should have taught you in school instead of the fucking food pyramid.
- Cash savings! – If you are eliminating a possible four hours worth of calories out of your daily diet you are saving the cost of an average 30 meals a month
- Fat loss – Especially if you trying to see those abdominal muscles lower to your crotch.
- Food tastes better – You wait 16 hours and see how damned good that home made Tupperware salad tastes!
- Clear head – Mental acuity during your day. Combine IF with a reduction in processed carb and you can even stay awake in the afternoon!
- Physiological Control – Imagine being able to control hunger instead of hunger controlling you…
Yes. These are subjective benefits to my experience. I am always reluctant to talk about diet because it is a very individual for each person. So this works for me. It may not work for you. But is it worth trying? Can you do it for a month? You can do anything for a month.
Go listen to some smart people like Dr Rhonda Patrick explain the goodies better than I can.